Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cat Flophouse and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


Flophouse for cats

Bobo and Cookie

Walked into the bedroom and saw them, floppy and snoozing. Bobo is on his back with his front paws crossed, back feet curled up and Cookie is rolled up like the letter "C". Sure, looks comfy. Wonder how I get to check in and relax. Hmm, well the picture is slightly dark, sorry about that, I'm taking pictures with my camera phone. And, my bed is unmade. Eek!

TidBit of Knowledge: Pipkin's name means an earthenware cooking pot used for cooking over direct heat from coals or a wood fire. It has a handle and three feet. Late medieval and postmedieval pipkins had a hollow handle into which a stick might be inserted for manipulation. Wikipedia . Did not know that. Pipkin is named after a bunny, in Watership Down,  not a medievel or postmedieval cooking pot. It seemed like a good name for him since he was the smallest of the litter.

Explaining beclamlol.com: I had gotten frustrated picking out a .com name. Every name I attempted was already taken. As a joke, I meant to type be calm lol. I musta been so frustrated I typed beclamlol.com  So, haha  when you're having a bad day - be clam!

Today, I ran out of cookies for the kids. Now, being slightly lazy, I decided to make some instead of running to the store and buying a pack.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (makes about 24 cookies)

Ingredients:  1/2 cup soft margarine
                    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
                    1/2 cup chocolate peanut butter (creamy)
                    1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
                    1 egg
                    1 tsp baking soda
                    1/4 tsp salt
                    1 and 1/2 cups flour

Cream butter, sugar and peanut butter.  Add vanilla and egg to mix, beat until it looks like this:


Butter, Sugar and Peanut Butter Mix
Next Add all the dry ingredients and mix until a stiff dough forms. 


Dry Ingredients Mixed in















Next, shape the dough into walnut sized balls and place on a greased baking sheet. If you want smaller, make the ball smaller. Larger cookies? Bigger balls! Press with a fork to flatten. Pop in preheated 375 degree oven and cook for 10mins.


Dough Balls
Finished Cookies





Flattening into Cookies


A word about the chocolate peanut butter - my mum made some at a health food store in Atlanta with peanuts and chocolate.  No perservatives, no extra sugar. Yummy stufff. If you can't find chocolate peanut butter, regular flavor will work just as well. The cookies have a light chocolate, big peanut butter taste.


My computer is giving me lag issues so I'm signing off.














No comments:

Post a Comment