Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Attempting to be frugal

I'm very proud of myself, right now. This weekend, I managed to spend $188 on groceries. The groceries should last us for 2 weeks and feed a family of 5. I did use a combination of sales and coupons. I didn't participate in extreme couponing. Mainly, because, I've not figured out how to extreme coupon. I will keep you updated on whether or not the amount of groceries lasted us for 2 weeks.

Now, that school is over for the summer. No, I don't do any homeschooling during the summer. Too hot. Plus, my stepdaughter attends a traditional school and is out during the summer.

Anyway, I lost my train of thinking there for a minute. Now, that I'm not busy with school. I have been doing small projects around the house. Mostly, things like organizing my photos, rearranging kids rooms. But, I had a leftover bottle and shells that needed to be either thrown out or transformed. Here's the end result:


Ha! You probably thought I meant seashells. Leah provided the flower (fake). Obviously, one can't add water to this particular vase. Fake flowers will have to do. Which is fine, since the cats attack any living plants brought into the house.  
See, here is an example of a cat attacking Kelly's room. Be afraid, be very afraid. This could happen to you.


A close up, in case one wasn't sure what was exactly in that bottle. Those are ours. I collected them after going to the gun range. I have a lot more and plan to use them. I'm not sure what the gun range does with them but at least these won't end up in a landfill. Nor the bottle.

yes, that's my printer

Leah's creation. She didn't draw the ponies, just added the hair. To all the dads out there - - Happy Early Father's Day!!! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment